There is something about soup during the winter that just hits the spot. Warm, comforting, and hearty. These delicious low carb soups are tried and true recipes that are enjoyed by the entire family. They are also all THM friendly and many of them are keto-friendly too.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my full disclosure here.
Common Ingredients in Low Carb Soups
There are several common ingredients that you can gather if you are planning to make many of these low-carb soups.
- Protein - including meat such as chicken and beef, and whey protein.
- Vegetables - all these soups have some sort of veggie included.
- Broth - Most soups start out with either beef or vegetable broth.
- Herbs & Spices - Some common herbs and spices include mineral salt, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Nutritional Yeast - Many of these also include nutritional yeast, which is a favorite among Trim Healthy Mama's
Tips for Making Any Soup Low Carb
To take any soup and move it toward being low carb, there are two things that you'll want to analyze with the recipe.
- What is the sauce/broth? Often hidden sugars and carbs and hidden in the broth/sauce of a recipe. Look at the ingredients in your tomato sauce, cream of mushroom, etc.
- Does it contain any obvious carbs like noodles? These can be replaced with alternatives like konjac noodles.
Our Top Low Carb Soup Recipes
These low-carb soup recipes come from many different Trim Healthy Mama bloggers and content creators. You can find their websites below.