Crafting during the holiday season is a cherished tradition, especially when it involves the little hands of children. Christmas handprint crafts are a delightful and fun way to create memorable decorations and gifts that capture a child’s handprint, preserving a moment in time and spreading the joy of the holiday season.
Using a child’s handprint as the centerpiece of a Christmas craft project is a heartwarming way to involve them in the festivities and create something truly special. There are countless ideas that transform these handprints into adorable ornaments, cards, and decorations that families can cherish for years to come.
Christmas Handprint Crafts
Doing Christmas crafts with kids offers a multitude of benefits beyond just creating cute decorations or gifts. Here are some of the wonderful advantages:
- Creativity and Expression: Engaging in crafts allows children to express themselves creatively. Christmas-themed crafts encourage them to explore colors, shapes, and different materials, fostering their artistic abilities.
- Fine Motor Skills: Crafting involves various motions such as cutting, gluing, and painting, which help develop and refine fine motor skills in children. These activities strengthen hand muscles and improve hand-eye coordination.
- Bonding and Family Time: Crafting together during the holiday season provides quality bonding time for families. It’s an opportunity to share stories, and laughter, and create cherished or special memories.
- Patience and Focus: Completing a craft project requires patience and focus. Kids learn to follow instructions, concentrate on tasks, and persevere through challenges, enhancing their patience and attention span.
- Sense of Achievement: Finishing a craft project instills a sense of accomplishment in children. Displaying or gifting their creations boosts their self-esteem and confidence.
- Celebrating Achievements: Displaying children’s crafts around the house or using them as decorations during the holiday season not only adds festive cheer but also celebrates their achievements and efforts. This can be especially memorable if you start this during your baby’s first Christmas! Each year you can see their growth as they do another special Christmas handprint craft. A baby’s first Christmas page would make great gifts for family members!
- Learning: Yes! You can learn while doing crafts with your kids. Talk about shapes and numbers or even letters during this activity!
Overall, handprint Christmas crafts aren’t just about the end product; they’re about the journey, the learning, and the joy that comes from creating something special together during the holiday season.
10 Easy Christmas Handprint Craft Ideas
Why are these easy? Simple! Because I already made them for you! All you need to do is download, grab some paint, and get crafting! It’s about as easy as it can get, which as a mom of four, I can appreciate!
Here are my 10 favorite Christmas handprint craft ideas for families, preschools, or even Sunday School classrooms. Enjoy these Christmas handprint ideas!
- Handprint Christmas Tree Craft
- Christmas Elf Handprints Craft
- Merry Christmas Daddy Handprint Craft
- Merry Christmas Mommy Handprint Craft
- Merry Christmas Reindeer
- Merry Christmas Snowman Handprint Craft
- Merry Christmas 2023 Handprint Craft
- Merry and Bright Handprint Craft – the handprints become light bulbs!
- Merry Christmas Train Handprint Craft
- Tidings of Comfort and Joy Handprint Craft
Creating Christmas handprint crafts becomes even more accessible and enjoyable with the use of handprint craft printables. These printables offer a fantastic way to engage children during the holiday season, capturing their child’s handprint in a fun and creative manner.
The beauty of utilizing handprint craft printables lies in their ability to guide and inspire the crafting process while incorporating the uniqueness of a child’s handprint. It’s a fun way to engage those little hands and make lasting memories.
You could even turn the elf handprint template into a handprint Santa by adding white paint and maybe some cotton balls for a beard! You could even cut around it and make a Santa handprint ornament! The same goes for the reindeer page. Just cut around and make a great handprint reindeer Christmas ornament!
Other Supply Ideas:
Download the Free Printable Handprint Crafts
In the free printable pack of Christmas handprint art ideas, you will get THREE templates for these adorable handprint craft ideas. It will include our vertical options with the tree, elf, and reindeer. If you’d like to grab the entire pack, see the upgrade below and how to snag it! These make a wonderful Christmas keepsake for family, friends, or parents! These are also a cute way to make a gift for a grandparent or use them as Christmas present gift tags! If you are looking for a bit more ‘elegant’ Christmas gift tag, check out my watercolor ones here.
These printables cater to kids of all ages, making it a wonderful activity for little kids who may find it challenging to draw or trace their handprints independently. It’s a great way to encourage creativity while producing cute Christmas-themed crafts.
Other Handprint Craft Ideas for the Holidays
One of the best ideas for utilizing these printables is to make salt dough handprint ornaments (the link includes an easy salt dough recipe). These printables provide the outline or template for the ornament, making it easier for kids to create. By pressing their handprint into rolled-out salt dough following the printable outline, they can then cut around the handprint shape and bake it to create a lasting keepsake. Once baked and cooled, these ornaments become a special gift or keepsake that preserves the uniqueness of a child’s hand during the holiday season. Afterward, painting the dried handprint with festive colors like red and green, or adding accents like a red nose for reindeer-themed ornaments, brings these creations to life.
Handprint craft printables also make the process of creating handprint Christmas cards much simpler. With the freebies above, kids can easily follow along, making it a perfect gift for family members. Simply follow the outline in the freebies or the paid product and allow kids to personalize them to create cards and treasures for family members.
Another fantastic use for handprint craft printables is in crafting handprint Christmas trees. These printables offer an outline that kids can follow to create the shape of the tree, allowing them to add their handprints as the branches. Decorating these handprints with fingerprint dots as ornaments offers a cute and creative touch. These trees make wonderful decorations for the holiday season, capturing the essence of little hands in a heartwarming display.
These Christmas handprint craft ideas not only allow children to express their creativity but also serve as a wonderful way to create lasting memories during the holiday season. Whether used as decorations, keepsakes, or given as special gifts, the joy and love put into these crafts using little hands truly capture the spirit of Christmas.
Don’t forget to Pin for Later!